This would have to be the easiest cake ever! I know it looks complicated but it really isn’t and today I’ll show my shortcut secrets. My daughter had a party on the weekend and being this time of year I was so time poor and quite honestly could not be bothered with baking at all.
A visit to one of the major supermarkets, I came home armed with;
- x 2 chocolate mud cakes
- Betty Crocker ready made icing in white
- Fruit loops
- Wafer biscuits
- Pink bananas
- Coloured balls
- A Bunch of Flowers
- Stick the chocolate mud cakes together. I used a bit of the ready made icing to help them stick.
- Then ice the cake. You can be as neat or messy as you like. I used a spatula to try and be a little bit tidy.
- Decorate with all the lollies. I started with the marshmallows and then added the bananas and then the rest of the lollies. I literally tipped the coloured balls on top and yes lots went on the floor.
- I cut the flower so there was no stem and then wrapped the bud in Glad Wrap and then poked it in the cake. The more random the better.
Celebrations don’t have to be over the top. I picked some rosemary from my herb garden and added some festive baubles. I kept the table very neutral and simple but still with a festive touch.
How’s your celebrations going? I hope you are all enjoying the busy lead up to Christmas. I hope these shortcut tips will help you out.