I follow the Wholefood Simply website. Its is filled with the most delicious healthy recipes. Most of them are dairy free, gluten free, grain free, raw, egg free and free from refined sugar. Now I am no nutritionalist nor am I telling you to cut out any particular food group but this white christmas fits in well with my diet. Inspired by the Wholefood Simply recipe, here is my version of the paleo White Christmas.
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 goji berries and diced apricots ( I used a mixture of both, you can use either or, just the total is 1/4 cup).
- 1/4 cup of pistachios
- Blend the cashews and coconut until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add the vanilla and honey and gently mix.
- Add the nuts and fruit and pulse gently to just chop them up.
- Spread into a tin, preferably lined and place in the fridge to set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
You can check out the Wholefood Simply website here. Bianca is a lovely lady with a philosophy of clean eating. Her website is well worth taking a look at if you are trying to eliminate gluten, dairy, grains etc but still want to eat yummy unprocessed food.
I hope you enjoy the white christmas.
Tip: Hide from teenage boys, they will devour the lot.