I may or may not have eaten apple crumble for breakfast. OK I did and here’s why. This delicious, gluten free, dairy free and free from refined sugar apple crumble is so healthy that I thought why not eat it for breakfast. Equally as good as a dessert though. From the Wholefood Simply website, easy to bake, this is fast becoming one of my favourites.
- 4 apples cored and quartered ( I used pink lady and granny smith)
- 4 medjool dates seeds removed
- 1 heaped cup of walnuts ( I used pecans and almonds too)
- 50 grams of chopped coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- Preheat the over 180 degrees
- Pulse the crumble ingredients in your blender/food processor and then put aside, just to a crumbly mix, not breadcrumbs.
- Then put apples and dates into the food processor and blend till chopped and mixed together.
- Pour apple mixture into ramekins ( mind made 4) Top with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins
I served mine with coconut yogurt and fresh strawberries and of course a coffee.