Often we are time poor, or lack ideas when it comes to dinner time. This is where my recipe for baked chicken with chilli and maple syrup will save the day. It’s easy, fast and yummy and you can serve it with or without rice and your choice of vegetables. This recipe is my entry into the inaugural Salt&Pepper Bake Off!
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt flakes
- 500g breast fillets sliced in half
- optional vegetables to roast I chose parsnips/ peeled and sliced
- 250 g steamed sugar snap peas also optional
- 2 cups of steamed rice or you can serve just with the vegetables.
To bake the parsnip I have used the Salt&Pepper Heavy Bake Baking Tray 40xm x 27cm. It’s a perfect size for all your baking needs.
- Prepare your chosen vegetables. Peel and slice the parsnip and roast at 200 C for 30 minutes. The Salt&Pepper LOFT Kitchen Conversions Board is a great size to prep the vegetables.
- Steam the sugar snap peas. I steamed my rice in a rice cooker and at the same time steamed the sugar snap peas.
- I used the Salt&Pepper EMPIRE 24 x 31.5 cm White Round Casserole dish for baking the chicken. It comes with a lid and a felt trivet so that you can bring the dish to the table to serve if you like. To the casserole dish add the water, maple syrup, chilli flakes, pepper and salt. Add the sliced chicken fillets.
- Bake in the oven at 200C for 30mins (lid off) or until the syrup has thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with steamed rice and vegetables.
This dish is perfect for those cold wintery nights. The chilli adds a hint of heat and the maple syrup gives the dish a sweetness that goes perfectly with the chicken.
This is fast becoming a family favourite in our household.
Cooking items from Salt&Pepper were gifted as participation of the Salt&Pepper Bake Off.