Everyone in our family loves soup. We often have soup for dinner when I need to make something quick, easy and tasty. This often happens on a karate night (my older two do karate) or on a night I can’t be bothered.
Chicken and corn soup has fast become our favourite. It’s so hearty, warm and filling. Perfect for a cold Winter’s night. There are so many variations so today I thought I’d share my way.
Image from here
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes, or more if you like it hotter
- Chicken stock 1 litre
- Spring onion (2 strands, chopped)
- 500g Chicken breast chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 put of vermicelli rice noodles
- Corn kernels cut from 2 corn cobs
- Heat olive oil in a deep saucepan
- Add ginger, garlic, chilli flakes, stir to combine and until just heated
- Add stock and simmer
- To simmering stock add cut chicken breast, corn kernels and spring onion
- Add rice noodles
- Add some water or more stock if the ingredients are not completely submerged with liquid
- When chicken is cooked through (about 5 minutes) serve with your favourite crusty bread
We love this soup as it has a bit of spice to it. If you do not like chilli, this recipe works just as well without it.
What are you having for diner tonight?