Nothing beats a good slice of cake and a cuppa don’t you think? Especially when the cake is a good healthy one. This cake fills you up and gives you energy from all the goodness in it. It will keep feeling full and satisfied until your next meal too. I hope you like this apple and banana bread.
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour ( I used buckwheat flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 bananas mashed
- 130ml milk of your choice ( I used almond and coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 2 large apples peeled and grated
- 125g currents or sultanas ( I used currents)
- 1 heaped tbs psyllium husk or powder ( I used flax seed as I didn’t have any psyllium husk)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 170C fan forced. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- In a small bowl whisk eggs and honey or maple syrup together.
- In another bowl sift flours, baking powder, add the almond meal.
- Add the egg mixture, mashed bananas, milk, oil, grated apple and currents to the dry ingredients and mix combine.
- Poor the mix into the loaf tin and bake for 40 mins, or until the top is golden and spongy yet firm to touch.
- Slice and store in an air tight container.
Recipe adapted from the October Women’s Fitness magazine.
Have you been doing any baking lately?
Hope you like this one.